Stop spending all your money at Starbucks and try this super easy and delicious pumpkin spice syrup.
Thanks to this effortless recipe, you can enjoy your favorite pumpkin spice latte from the comfort of your own home! Or, use it on your morning oatmeal for a sweet and dreamy breakfast!
The Best Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe
Not only is this incredible pumpkin spice syrup way better than anything from the store - but it’s got real pumpkin in it!
That’s right. No fake pumpkin flavors here - this stuff is legit!
Better yet, it’s ready in just 15 minutes and can be made with sugar or a sugar substitute, depending on your preferences.
Either way, it’s sweet, warm, and just what you need for when the weather cools down.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 80 grams of Pumpkin Puree (about 1/3 cup)
- 100 grams of White Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 100 grams of Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Paste
- 300 ml of Water (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
*Use 200 grams (1 cup) of sugar substitute instead of the sugars
- Add all of the ingredients to a tall, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Once the mix is at a rolling boil, turn the pan down to medium and simmer, stirring every few minutes to keep the bottom from burning.
- Cook the syrup for 10-15 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the consistency looks like maple syrup.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a heat-proof container and leave to cool completely before covering and placing it in the fridge.
Note: the syrup will thicken in the fridge but will smooth out when you add it to your hot latte!