Try this pumpkin milkshake recipe when you’re in the mood for something spiced and sweet. Unlike pumpkin spice lattes, this treat is smooth, cold, and caffeine-free.
Serve it as dessert, or just as a mid-day pick me up. Of course, if making these for kids, be sure to leave the bourbon out!
How To Make This Pumpkin Milkshake
This is enough for two milkshakes.
- 90 ml of Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 400 grams of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 80 ml of Milk
- 100 grams of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup
- 100 grams of Ice (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of Bourbon (optional)
- Caramel Sauce for garnish
- In a chilled, medium-sized bowl, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until thick - it should hold soft peaks.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce into two tall glasses and place them in the fridge along with the whipped cream.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, half of the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and ice to a blender.
- Pulse a few times to blend everything together, then use a long spoon to stir.
- Turn the blender onto low and slowly add the rest of the milk - stop when it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the bourbon, if using, and blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the chilled glasses and top them with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with extra caramel and serve.