If you like the idea of a Cosmo, but want something a little sweeter, this Peach Cosmopolitan Cocktail is the way to go.
Peach Cosmopolitans contain vodka, cranberry juice, peach schnapps, and fresh lime juice. They’re tart and sweet with just the right amount of citrus to keep everything balanced. It’s best shaken with ice and served cold.
Peach Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Cosmos are pretty in pink and well-known the world over, thanks to the ladies of Sex and the City.
They’re fruity, but pretty tart and the alcohol content is very high. One or two of these and you’ll definitely feel the buzz.
This peach version takes all the good things about this classic cocktail and adds a layer of fruity goodness.
Peaches are bright and sweet, and when you add the schnapps to this mix, the drink turns into something truly irresistible.
That said, if you’re a fan of sweeter drinks, try this delightful Mai Thai recipe!
Ingredients in a Peach Cosmopolitan
Here’s what you’ll need to make a simple peach cosmo:
- Vodka - even though this is a mixer, cheap vodka is always a no-no. It’s harsh and unforgiving, so be sure to get something of medium to high quality.
- Cranberry juice - it’s the main flavor, and you’ll want to go for something sweetened to make this work.
- Peach Schnapps - same as the vodka - be sure to get something that costs a little more.
- Lime juice - fresh citrus is the only way to go in cocktails.
How To Make a Peach Cosmopolitan
This recipe is enough for two drinks.
- 3 ounces of Vodka
- 3 ounces of Cranberry Juice
- 1.5 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 1 ounce of fresh Lime Juice
- Wedge of orange
- Run the orange wedge around the rims of the glasses.
- Add the vodka, cranberry juice, peach schnapps, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and seal shut.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain into the glasses.
- Serve and enjoy!