I cannot get enough of this sweet, bright, and lively mango pie. Not only does it look stunning, but the flavors are dreamy.
Between the simple Graham Cracker base, the smooth as silk mango filling, and the fresh mangoes on top, this will be the dessert of the summer.
Serve this mango pie at your next BBQ, and you’ll have a lot of happy guests!
How To Make Mango Pie
This recipe is enough for a 9-inch/23 cm tart. It’s easier if you use a tart dish with a removable bottom.
If you use a smaller baking dish, ensure it has tall sides and adjust the baking time accordingly. Thicker pies will need 30-45 minutes at least.
- 150 grams of Graham Crackers, Shortbread Biscuits, Digestives, Or Coconut Cookies
- 65 grams of Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 455 grams of Mango Puree (2 cups made fresh or store-bought)
- 400 grams of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounces)
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon of Lime Zest
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Grease the baking dish lightly with cooking spray or butter.
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Add the crackers/cookies and sugar to a food processor and pulse until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Pour the cooled, melted butter into the food processor and pulse until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the crust into the baking dish, use a spoon to spread it out, and be sure to move it up the edges.
- Press firmly with a measuring cup to smooth the crust and pack it tightly.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- If using fresh or canned mangoes, add them to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the mango puree to a large bowl with the condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime zest.
- Whisk until well blended and fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- You’ll know it’s ready when you can see that the top is set, but the middle has a slight jiggle.
- Remove the pie from the oven and leave it to cool completely for at least 2 hours on the counter. Then, place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Mango Pie Topping and Serving Suggestions:
- One of the easiest ways to serve this is with some whipped cream. Just add a dollop when you slice and plate.
- If you have fresh mangoes, slice them thinly and layer them on the top of the pie.
- Whip coconut cream and pipe it over the top in swirls.