This stunning Love Story Cocktail is my first Taylor Swift-inspired drink recipe - but it’s not the last.
I have a series of fun Era’s Tour cocktails ready to share. And they’re so much fun!
Era’s Tour Cocktail Recipe
I had to start with Love Story because it’s one of her first and most iconic songs from the OG Taylor Swift Era.
It’s also so easy to make a cocktail based on the song.
Love Story is about falling in love. And any song about true love should be sweet and effervescent.
Like Romeo and Juliet, the fruit and Amaretto are like star-crossed lovers. Add some citrus and a splash of Prosecco, and they create something beautiful.
The flavors are clean and pure, just like a first love. And the strawberries bring that gentle sweetness you can only get when you’re young and falling for someone.
In short, it’s the perfect celebration of a Love Story.
You only need six ingredients for this recipe. If you can’t find strawberry vodka, I have a recipe below.
- Strawberry Vodka - I like Arbikie Strawberry Vodka or American Star Strawberry Vodka.
- Amaretto - the perfect balance to the sweet fruit
- Lemonade - to lighten it up with a hint of citrus
- Prosecco - every love story needs bubbles!
- Fresh Strawberries - of course
- Ice - even if the liquor is chilled, you’ll need ice
How to Make the Love Story Cocktail
Other than washing the fruit, this cocktail is ready in minutes:
- Shake the vodka and Amaretto with the ice.
- Add the lemonade and shake again until chilled.
- Pour this into your glasses and top them up with Prosecco.
- Add fresh fruit for garnish, and enjoy!
Homemade Strawberry Vodka
Strawberry vodka isn’t as readily available as regular vodka. At least, good strawberry vodka isn’t.
I hate to be a stickler, but good-quality vodka really does make all the difference when making cocktails.
And if you think you hate vodka, I bet you just haven’t had the right kind.
Grey Goose is one of the most famous on the high end. But if you want something more reasonable, I enjoy the following:
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka - Thanks to Beth Dutton, Tito’s is finally getting the praise it deserves. It’s smooth and clean, making it ideal for sipping and cocktails.
- Absolut Vodka - Absolut is a Swedish brand that’s got a different mouthfeel thanks to the winter wheat it’s made from.
- Ketel One Vodka - This one is Dutch, and it’s very crisp and smooth. Since they use a combination of modern and traditional distillation methods, it’s light and even a little sweet.
So, once you’ve chosen the right vodka, how do you make strawberry vodka?
Well, as you’ve likely guessed, you’ll need fruit. And fresh is a must! You won’t get the same flavor if you use frozen.
- 2 pounds of Fresh Strawberries
- 750 mL Good Quality Vodka
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Large glass jar for storage
- Clean and hull the strawberries. Then chop them into quarters and transfer them into the container.
- Gently muddle them with a wooden spoon, then pour the vodka over the top.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the jar, give it a stir, then cover loosely with foil.
- Leave for 24-36 hours.
- Strain the vodka into a new container, then store it in the fridge.
What to Serve with The Love Story Cocktail
If you’re planning a Taylor Swift-themed party, you’ll need food to go with this incredible drink.
And I have a few fun ideas:
Mix diced strawberries with freshly chopped basil and a small amount of balsamic in a bowl.
Spoon the mix over sliced and toasted baguettes. Serve with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese.
Add mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil to bamboo skewers and serve with a drizzle of balsamic.
Slice a super-ripe melon into wedges and wrap them with salty Prosciutto. Use toothpicks to keep the meat from falling off.
Salty-Sweet Puff Pastries:
Cut thawed puff pastry sheets into four, then add a spoonful of strawberry jam to the middle.
Layer a slice of Brie and some Prosciutto over the top, then secure two of the pastry corners in the middle and bake until golden.
Goat Cheese and Fig Crostini:
Spread creamy goat cheese over toasted baguette slices. Then add a smear of fig jam and some fresh thyme.
Complement the sweet fruit in the drunk with a selection of berries, melons, and grapes.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
Wash and thoroughly dry plump ripe strawberries, Then dip them in melted dark chocolate.
Add chopped nuts or a drizzle of white chocolate.
Taylor Swift Love Story Cocktail
- 4 oz. Strawberry vodka
- 2 oz. Amaretto
- 4 oz. Lemonade
- 2 oz. Prosecco
- Fresh strawberries
- Add the strawberry vodka, Amaretto, and lemonade to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until well chilled - 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the drink into two chilled glasses.
- Top each glass with Prosecco and garnish with fresh strawberries.