This island paradise cocktail has many names, but it’s always sweet, fruity, and loaded with tropical goodness.
Island Paradise cocktails blend the tropical flavors of coconut rum and Blue Curacao with the fruity goodness of melon liqueur and peach schnapps. There’s also white rum and sweet and sour mix, plus a light spritz of lemonade to lighten the whole thing up.
Island Paradise Cocktail
As the name suggests, this is the kind of drink you’ll want to make when you feel the need for a vacation.
It’s colorful and so fun, and it’ll make you feel like you’re at the beach.
It’s just the right blend of sweet and tart, with the sweet and sour mix adding a nice hint of citrusy goodness. But if you can’t find or don’t have sweet and sour mix, try using citrus vodka instead and adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Not a fan of melon? Use pineapple juice instead!
Ingredients in an Island Paradise Cocktail
Here’s what you’ll need to make an Island Paradise cocktail:
- White Rum - since this cocktail is bright and light, you’ll want to use light rum rather than dark. That said, dark rum would work, provided it’s not too spiced.
- Coconut Rum - this will add just the right amount of coconut flavor.
- Melon Liqueur - Midori is a great choice.
- Peach Schnapps - this stuff is strong, so don’t go overboard.
- Blue Curacao - this classic cocktail mixer has orange peel notes that start out sweet and end slightly bitter. You can substitute this with Triple Sec if need be.
- Sprite, 7-Up, or Sparkling Water - this will add some much-needed bubbles.
- Sweet and Sour Mix - like all cocktails, you want a hint of citrus, which you’ll get with this.
How To Make an Island Paradise Cocktail
This recipe is enough for two drinks.
- 1 ounce of White Rum
- 1 ounce of Coconut Rum
- 1 ounce of Melon Liqueur
- 1 ounce of Peach Schnapps
- 1 ounce of Blue Curacao
- Sprite, 7-Up, or Sparkling Water to top up the glass
- 1/2 an ounce of Sweet and Sour Mix
- Add the white rum, coconut rum, melon liqueur, peach schnapps, blue curacao, and sweet and sour mix to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and seal shut.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Strain the mix into the glasses and top them up with the Sprite.
- Serve and enjoy!