The next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, try this easy dairy free banana bread recipe. It’s soft, moist, and ready in a flash.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about any pesky dairy. So it’s ideal for anyone with allergies or intolerances.
The Best Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe
Believe it or not, making banana bread without dairy is super easy.
In most cases, all you have to do is swap out the butter for oil, and you’re all set. It’ll be just as moist and just as tasty.
One key thing to remember is that this dairy free banana bread isn’t vegan. So it does include eggs.
And if you want to add any chocolate, you’ll need to look for something vegan.
How to Make Dairy Free Banana Bread
This recipe is enough for one standard loaf (about 4x8 inches)
- 4 ripe Bananas (about 470 grams)
- 100 grams of White Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 85 grams of Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 120 ml of Oil (1/2 cup)
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Paste or Extract
- 180 grams of All-Purpose Flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 sliced Banana, optional
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F, grease a loaf pan, and line it with parchment paper.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl, and mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Whisk the sugars and oil into the bananas until it looks like a smooth paste.
- Add both eggs and the vanilla, then whisk to combine.
- Carefully pour the flour into the bowl, followed by the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir gently with a spatula, folding the dry into the wet, just until you no longer see streaks of flour.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Optional: top the batter with slices of banana.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the loaf onto a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.