This cucumber margarita cocktail is refreshing, boozy, and downright irresistible. And it’s as easy as blend, strain, and pour!
I have a serious weakness for tequila and margaritas in general, especially my spicy margarita recipe. It’s a summer hit at any BBQ.
With that in mind, I almost always add some heat to this cooling drink. But that’s totally optional! You do you!
The Best Cucumber Margarita Recipe
Cucumber margaritas are super simple to whip up, and you only need a handful of cocktail staples.
- Tequila is a must - go for silver tequila for this one as the flavor pairs better with the savory cucumber.
- Triple Sec adds a hint of orange, which lifts the tequila and sweetens the lime.
- Fresh lime juice - no margarita is complete without it.
Those three ingredients are at the core of this beloved drink.
From there, you’ll also need cucumber juice. To make that at home, just peel and blend the cucumber until it’s smooth. Then strain it and mix in the other ingredients to finish the drink.
As mentioned, I like mine with a bit of heat, so I always add some jalapeño to the mix. That way, it blends with the cucumber and incorporates fully.
Just cut the end off, slice it in half, and remove the seeds first. Then, add a half or whole pepper, depending on how many you’re making and how spicy you like it.
Lastly, if you like some sweetness, you can always add agave or simple syrup to the mix. I don’t think it needs it, but it’s a personal preference.
Again, you do you!
How to Make the Best Cucumber Margarita
This recipe is enough for 4 drinks.
- 2 medium to large Cucumbers
- 2 ounces of Silver or Blanco Tequila
- 2 ounces of Triple Sec
- 2 ounces of Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon of Agave or Simple Syrup, optional
- Coarse Salt to rim the glass
- Lime Wedge to rim the glass and for garnish
- 1 small Cucumber, optional for garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the top of each glass and dip it into the coarse salt. Place a slice of lime on the edge and set them aside.
- Make the cucumber juice by peeling, chopping, and blending the cucumbers (blend without the peel). If using, add the jalapeño to the blender also.
- Strain the cucumber juice and pour it into a pitcher.
- Add the triple sec, lime juice, and tequila, then stir to combine. Add the sweetener at this point if using.
- Put some ice in each glass and pour the drink over the top.
Optional Garnish: using a vegetable peeler, slice off thin cucumber strips. Discard the first couple of slices (which will mostly be dark green peel).
Take the peeler and run it from the top of the cucumber to the bottom, leaving you with long, flat cucumber slices. Gently nestle one in each glass, pressing it against the side to look like a swirl.