Even though the holidays are behind us, I just can’t get enough of this Chick-Fil-A peppermint milkshake.
It’s sweet, refreshing, thick, creamy, and pretty in pink.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Shake Recipe
Featuring crushed candy canes, dark chocolate flecks, and plenty of creamy vanilla ice cream, this Chick-Fil-A peppermint milkshake recipe is a dream.
Not only is it a cinch to whip up, but it’s also made at a fraction of the cost.
I like to use vanilla ice cream because it means I can get something top quality. Plus, I can adjust the amount of peppermint that goes in.
As much as I enjoy peppermint ice cream, it has a synthetic taste I don’t really care for. And you can’t change the amount of minty flavor.
That said, feel free to use peppermint ice cream instead of vanilla with the extract!
And in some cases, you won’t need the food coloring either because peppermint ice cream is often pink or red already.
As for the chocolate, I think dark works best because the shake is already pretty sweet. But you do you!
How to Make the Best Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
This recipe is enough for 1-2 shakes, depending on how big your glasses are.
- 600 grams of Vanilla Ice Cream (about 3/4 quart or 3 cups)
- 40 ml of Milk (about 1-2 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- 100 grams of Crushed Candy Canes (1/2 cup)
- 40 grams of Finely Chopped Chocolate (1/4 cup)
- 1 drop of Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Whipped Cream for Garnish (optional)
Optional Modification - Use peppermint ice cream instead of vanilla and extract.
- Add the ingredients to a blender in the following order: milk, ice cream, peppermint extract, and food coloring (if using).
- Blend until smooth and thick. Add more ice cream or milk as needed.
- Add the chocolate and crushed candy canes, then blend/pulse until distributed.
- Pour the milkshake into a glass and finish with whipped cream.