The next time you get a sweet craving, try this Dunkin Donuts iced cake batter latte recipe.
It’s cool, sweet, and perfect for the summer. So make it in your trusty Stanley Quencher cup and enjoy it on the go!
Copycat Cake Batter Latte Recipe
Do you lick the spoon after making cakes? Do you love the smell of butter, sugar, flour, and eggs?
Then you have to make this iced cake batter latte.
It’s such a fun way to add a little something sweet to your mid-morning iced coffee. And you can even make it hot if you’d prefer!
You’ll need to start this by making cake batter coffee syrup. I recommend making a double batch and keeping it in the fridge. Then you can make this iced latte any time you like!
For the syrup:
- Water - the base of the syrup that’ll thicken as you simmer it with sugar
- Sugar - use brown sugar for a deeper flavor or white sugar for added sweetness
- Cake Batter Extract - Look for the Cake Batter Extract online. Or try a mix of vanilla paste, almond extract, and butter.
For the latte:
- Espresso or Cold Brew - I prefer cold brew because it’s already chilled and very smooth. But if you have enough ice, you can always used freshly brewed coffee
- Milk - use whatever milk you like, just keep in mind that coconut milk (for example) will affect the taste of the coffee
- Ice - try making ice out of cold brew! It’ll keep the drink cold without watering it down.
How to Make Cake Batter Latte
Make a double batch of the cake batter syrup then store it in the fridge. That should last a week or two depending on how sweet you like it!
For the Syrup:
- Add the water to a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add the sugar and cake batter extract, then stir.
- Bring the water to a low simmer, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Strain and store in an airtight container.
For the Latte:
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add your desired amount of syrup to the glass then pour over the coffee.
- Top up each glass with milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
Filled with ice and topped up with milk, this cake batter latte is perfection. But who says you can’t improve on perfection?
Try one of these fun variations:
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles
- Drizzle over chocolate or caramel sauce
- Make it a mocha by mixing chocolate sauce with the coffee
- Make it extra creamy with half & half
Dunkin Donuts Copycat Iced Cake Batter Latte
- For the Cake Batter Syrup
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Cake Batter Extract
- For the Iced Latte
- 2 tablespoons of Cake Batter Syrup
- 2 cups of Ice
- 3 ounces of Brewed Espresso (cold) or Cold Brew
- 2 cups of Milk
- Fill 2 glasses with ice.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of cake batter syrup into each glass, then split the coffee between the two.
- Divide the milk between the glasses, then stir with a long spoon.
- Top with whipped cream (optional), and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.