I don’t know if you’ve ever tried or if you even remember Bun Bars, but these delicious peanut butter and chocolate treats are making a comeback!
I like to make these in a baking dish, which you can slice when it’s chilled and set.
Another great option, though, is to use a muffin tray and make single servings. They look almost like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but they have more texture.
Try them with a hot cup of vanilla coffee!
How To Make Bun Bars
This recipe is enough for about 12 portions.
- 340 grams of Semisweet Chocolate Chips (2 cups)
- 340 grams of Butterscotch Chips (2 cups)
- 625 grams of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 155 ml of Milk (2/3 cups)
- 225 grams of Butter (1 cup)
- 1 pack of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 900 grams of Powdered Sugar (2 pounds)
- 375 grams of Salted Peanuts (3 cups)
- Grease and line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- Pour 2-3 inches of water into a tall pot and bring to a low simmer.
- Put the chocolate chips, butterscotch, and peanut butter into a large bowl and place it over the water bath.
- Stir slowly until the chocolate and butterscotch chips are melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking pan and place the pan into the freezer.
- Set the bowl aside and turn off the heat.
- In a medium pot, add the butter, and place over medium heat until it’s melted.
- Pour the pudding and milk into the butter, stir, and then bring to a boil.
- Stir and boil for one minute, then remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar.
- Carefully blend this mixture until it’s smooth, then pour over the chocolate layer in the baking pan.
- Put the tray back in the freezer to harden.
- Add another 2 inches of water to the pot and bring back to a simmer.
- Place the bowl back on the heat and stir until the chocolate and peanut butter mixture is melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and pour in the peanuts.
- Stir until the nuts are completely coated.
- Pour the chocolate and peanuts over the pudding mixture and chill in the fridge until set.