If you’ve managed to get your hands on this amazing bottle of booze, you’ll want a few Teremana recipes to get started. And nothing is yummier than this delicious Blueberry Tequila Smash!
Blueberry tequila smash is a light, bright, and sparkling cocktail made with Teramana tequila, fresh or frozen blueberry, lime juice, simple syrup or agave, and sparkling water. You can also use club soda or citrus soda. If you use soda, reduce the amount of simple syrup.
Blueberry Tequila Smash
I love that this drink enhances the flavors of the tequila, but there’s also a ton of freshness.
Plus, you can modify it in a bunch of ways.
For example, you could use blueberry simple syrup instead of regular, which will make the drink a stunning purple-blue color.
Or, if you’re not a fan of super sweet tequila cocktails, you could leave out the syrup and stick with the lime and blueberries to add flavor and natural sweetness.
I like to muddle the blueberries to release their juices, so you could even throw in some mint leaves to give it a refreshing finish.
Either way, I think you’ll really love this tasty Teramana recipe!
How To Make Blueberry Simple Syrup
If you like the idea of this stunning blue and purple drink, I highly recommend making blueberry syrup.
And don’t worry, you’ll love this drink so much, it won’t go to waste!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 150 grams Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 100 grams of White Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 120 ml of Water (1/2 cup)
If you use frozen berries, reduce the amount of water to 100 ml and know you may need to cook it a little longer to account for the added liquid.
Here’s how to make blueberry simple syrup for cocktails:
- Add the blueberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan and stir gently.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring the mixture to a low simmer while stirring.
- Using a spatula, carefully press/mash the berries as it simmers, and continue to stir, so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- After about ten minutes, the mix should be thick and syrupy. If it’s still watery, continue to cook for another five minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a heatproof container to get rid of the berries.
- Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The syrup should be good for a couple of weeks. After that, you can add it to baking, use it over pancakes, or even in club soda for a DIY drink.
Of course, my favorite way to use it is in this tequila cocktail!
How To Make Blueberry Tequila Smash
This is enough for 6 drinks. I suggest making it in a pitcher rather than individual glasses.
- 150 grams of Blueberries (about 1 cup, fresh or frozen)
- 60 ml of freshly squeezed Lime Juice (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml Agave, Simple Syrup, or Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 235 ml Teramana Tequila (1 cup)
- 900 ml Sparkling Water, Club Soda, or Citrus Soda (4 cups)
- Lime Wedges for Garnish
- Add crushed ice to six glasses and set aside.
- Add the blueberries and lime juice to a pitcher, along with the agave or simple syrup.
- Muddle the berries to release their juices (add the mint leaves here if using).
- Pour the tequila into the pitcher and stir.
- Evenly distribute the blueberry and tequila mix between 6 chilled glasses.
- Top each drink with either sparkling water or citrus soda to taste.
- Garnish with extra berries and lime wedges.