This affogato recipe might just be the easiest dessert ever. All you need are a few scoops of ice cream and a glug of hot espresso.
I like to eat this with a spoon, savoring the bitter hot coffee against the creamy and cold ice cream.
Then, right at the end, you’ll have a velvety smooth coffee and melted ice cream drink. So it’s two treats in one!
And feel free to mix up the flavors. Use a different flavor of ice cream and mix up the sauces. You really can’t go wrong!
How To Make An Affogato
This is enough for two drinks.
- 4 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 ounces/shots of Espresso
- 2 ounces/shots of Amaretto, Kahlua, or Bourbon (optional)
- Caramel or Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- Chill glasses for 30 minutes if you have the time.
- Drizzle the caramel or chocolate sauce in the glasses, if using.
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream to each glass.
- Pour the hot coffee and alcohol (if using) over the ice cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!